The Chemex is an easy, stylish way to create cafe-quality coffee at home.
What you need:
- A Chemex
- Chemex filters
- 20g ground coffee (roughly 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 380g fresh boiled water (Roughly 3 cups)
- Fold Chemex filter (please see below for How To)
- Pop the filter into the top of the Chemex
- To heat the Chemex, pour roughly half a cup of water around the paper
- Swirl, and tip water out
- Pop all of your ground coffee into the filter
- Pour 50g of boiled water onto the ground coffee to create the blooming process
- Stir, and leave for 45 seconds
- Pour water, focusing on the middle of the coffee till the filter is full
- Continue to do so, until you have run out of water
- Once completed, remove the filter and enjoy!
Tip: Plants LOVE coffee grounds! Spread these throughout your garden.
How to fold Chemex filters: